Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a new or replacement birth certificate?

Our constituency office can help to expedite a new or replacement birth certificate needed urgently for reasons such as travel or employment. The Office of the Registrar General requires proof of urgency, such as plane tickets or hotel reservations. Regular processing times for birth certificates are approximately 6-8 weeks. Each person’s request is unique. For more information, please contact our constituency office.

How can I obtain Power of Attorney forms?

You can find an online Power of Attorney kit at the web site for Ontario’s Ministry of the Attorney General. Click here for more information.

Where can I find information on the Trillium Drug Program?

Click here to access information on the Trillium Drug Program, as well as an application form.

How do I register a complaint about a consumer product or service?

Ontario’s Ministry of Consumer Services has a Consumer Protection Branch that assists in resolving complaints with companies. The Consumer Protection Branch can be reached at 1-800-889-9768. An Online Complaint Form is also available.

Where can I find Ontario travel information?     

You can find information on a wide variety of things to see and do in Ontario as well as travel tips, maps and weather information at the Official Website of Ontario Tourism.